Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Goal Statement of LNT



My most pressing need is to narrow my focus and pick a small topic to do my goal setting.

My overall concern is the function of literature and how that's going to help me as a person and to help others to see the world in a different light, in the hope that we can all benefit from this exercise.

Like the fact that I am wearing a pacemaker to regulate my heart beat, my range of topics and degrees of coverage must be within a manageable limit.

My long-range goal is to teach online an introductory course in philosophy, poetry writing, or a literary theory course.

That then gives me an idea of what courses to choose from and the manner that I must pursue this goal.

First, this goal is based on things I already know quite a bit about. The manner to pursue this teaching goal is then to develop concrete plans as to when and how I can take courses to further this goal and to help me find the format that is suitable for me to teach the subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment