Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bureacracy


                                           Philosophy is a hard nut to crack especially when you are carryin
                                           Professor John Wisdom on your back.





August 4, 2010                 

Office of Financial Assistance
University of Illinois Springfiel
University Hall, Room 1015
One University Plaza
MS UHB 1015
Springfield, IL 62703 – 5407


Financial Aid Appeals Committee:

Dear Administrators and Committee Members:
My student number at UIS is 668956879 and I am in the LNT program. First of all, I am a disabled student with schizoaffective disorder registered with the Students with Disabilities Office (please contact Ms. Susie Woods for information). So, some of the university regulations’ complex nature are at times difficult for me to navigate.



I was told by Shane at the Student Financial Aid Office that I no longer qualified for financial at the University on a permanent basis because I withdrew from the summer semester of 2010 during the first week of classes. Because, he said, that my ratio of completed courses to attempted courses fell below the minimum standard. Now Renee at the Financial Aid Office tells me that I am in good academic standing. So, I need clarification here.



The reason I withdrew from the philosophy class I was taking was because of “personality conflicts” with the instructor. I am very happy to elaborate on this, if needed. One further complaint is that I found a very BIG mistake in the textbook we were using in FACTUAL content. I pointed this out to the professor and the students but the whole thing was shoved aside although all admitted it was indeed misstated. I shall simply repeated the exact quote from the book here: “Alexander the Great conquered the world…” I for whatever reason found that to be a false statement. I thought that a selection for a textbook of that sort of intellectual dogmatism is inappropriate for a graduate course in moral philosophy.



Philosophy and the philosophy of literature remain my main interests in life. I would very much apply myself at the University of Illinois at Springfield in these fields for the potential good of mankind.



Yours very sincerely,

[signed: Koon Woon]

Koon Woon

No comments:

Post a Comment