Friday, June 15, 2012

A Great Lesson


I was mainly a geek in high school but learning is always taking place:

Bruce VanDewall I Love You!

I was naïve until I loan you 50 cents in high school
and later when I asked you for it back,
you punched me in the face and my glasses went flying.
Bruch VanDewall I love you! You taught me a great lesson.

It is a lesson that I would never gain from reading Tolstoy.
You taught me the logic of the streets,
how they are laid and dug up and covered up
so as not to expose the innards of our innermost being.

I love you Bruce VanDewall not because I am a Christian
but because you are one; I invite you to come to China
because my cousin now is the Ambassador,
and we think your credit is worthy.

Bruce VanDewall we will lend you money
to start a collection agency in China,
and Bruce VanDewall you needn’t ever pay us back
for the loans. We know there is something missing.

In you, in you we trust.

Koon Woon
June 15, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment