Thursday, October 21, 2010

One of the places I have spent time orienting myself...



Locate yourself inside a seaport city
Locate yourself insider the inner city
Locate yourself inside a small square
Locate yourself inside you
this is you

You are the dragon on the wall
 You are the railroad when America was young
 You are the immigrant hands that lay the tracks
 you are here
 it is you

This is a place where you come to
 This is a place within you
 You were here when the sky was born
 you are here
 you are you

 America I have no other place to go now
 But to go within myself and find all that is still new
 This is too a place for you as well as for me
 you and i are both here
we are here

 Of all the places where I have spent my time
 Of all the places that have bruised my heart
America you are deep within my heart now
 The pain was enormous
 yes, it was you

 Now don't tell me now to go back
 Back to Wales or to Bavaria
 America I am now a Native as any Native can be
 to have withstood the pain
 and yet still be free...

No comments:

Post a Comment